1. No Attorney-Client Relationship. Information on the Board's Web site does not constitute legal advice and should not be relied upon in making or refraining from making any decision. The Board is a state agency created within Louisiana's office of governor responsible for the supervision, administration, and delivery of a statewide public defender system. The Board does not provide direct representation of clients. Thus, neither visiting this Web site nor contacting any member or employee of the Board establishes an attorney-client relationship. You should not act or rely upon any legal information contained in this Web site without first seeking the advice of an attorney licensed to practice law in your state or country.
2. Accuracy, Changes, and Continuity of Service. The Board tries to ensure that the information made available on its Web site is accurate and complete. Due to factors beyond the Board's control, however, it cannot guarantee against unauthorized modifications of information or errors made in inputting and posting data. The Board may make changes to a Web page at any time, without notice, to update, add or correct the information made available. The Board may elect to charge a fee for accessing or using information from the Board's Web site, or may suspend or discontinue making the information available.
3. No Warranties. The Board disclaims any express or implied warranties related to making its Web site available for public use, and for any materials, information, graphics, products, or processes contained within its Web site. It makes no warranty, express or implied, nor assumes any responsibility for the use of information on the Board's Web site, or for the Web site's fitness for any general or particular purpose. The Board does not warrant that the use of information on the Board's Web site will not infringe or violate the rights of others. The public is granted access to information on the Board's Web site on a strictly "as-is" basis. The Board denies responsibility for the conduct of its users.
4. External Links; Personal Opinions. The Board's Web site and materials included therein may contain hypertext or other links to external Internet sites. These are provided only for your convenience. Any information, materials, personal opinions, or endorsements of products or services appearing on external sites are not controlled, sponsored, or approved by the Board. The Board disclaims legal responsibility for any information, materials, or endorsements of products or services made available on external sites, and for the personal opinions of individuals posted on any site, regardless of whether the Board operates the site, unless the personal opinions are authorized, official opinions issued by the Board, its members or employees.
5. Copyright Limitations. The Board has made the content of certain pages of its Web site available to the public. Anyone may view, copy or distribute information found within these Web pages (not including the design or layout of the pages) for personal or informational use without owing an obligation to the Board if the documents are not modified in any respect, and unless otherwise stated on the particular materials or information to which a restriction on free use applies. The Board makes no warranty, however, that the materials contained within these pages are free from copyright claims, or other restrictions or limitations on free use or display. The Board disclaims any liability for the improper or incorrect use of information obtained from its Web site.
6. Assumption of Risk of Use. One who uses the information available for public use on the Board's Web site assumes the risk of using or relying on such information. Neither the Board nor its members or employees shall be liable for any damages, including indirect, special, incidental, or consequential damages a user incurs as a result of viewing, distributing or copying materials on the sites made available to the public, even if advised of the possibility of such damages.
7. Monitoring and Protecting the System from Intrusion. This Web site may be monitored to assure proper functioning of the Web site and to provide security for the Web site's operation. By using this Web site, you are consenting to the exercise of such monitoring practices. The Board reserves the right to use any legally appropriate measures to prevent and investigate anyone attempting to modify, deface, delete or otherwise tamper with or abuse the Board's Web site, server, database, information system or other Board technology asset.
8. Louisiana Law and Jurisdiction. The materials made available for public use on the Board's Web site are for the use and benefit of the citizens of Louisiana. Any person who uses this Web site or attempts to gain access to information or materials on this Web site is subject to the jurisdiction of the laws of the State of Louisiana. Any dispute arising from a person using or attempting to use information or materials on the Board's Web site shall be determined in accordance with Louisiana laws and in the courts of Louisiana.