Upcoming TrainingFor more information, contact:
LPDB Training Division at
June 25 - 26, 2015
East Baton Rouge Parish Public Library
7711 Goodwood Boulevard
Baton Rouge, LA
A two day training to prepare you to successfully litigate sentencing and resentencing for juveniles convicted of homicide pursuant to the
United States Supreme Court’s decision in Miller v. Alabama. The training will include small breakout groups where you can brainstorm your
cases and issues.
The Miller v. Alabama Training will be co-sponsored by LPDB and the Juvenile Justice Project of Louisiana (JJPL), A Project of the Louisiana Center for Children’s Rights (LCCR).
Save the Date Flyer
CALL FOR APPLICATIONS
The National Juvenile Defender Center (NJDC) and Georgetown Law are excited to announce a Call for Applications to the 2015 Juvenile Training Immersion Program (JTIP) Summer Academy. The JTIP Summer Academy is an annual one-week intensive and interactive juvenile defender training program intended for both new and experienced front-line defenders. A fillable PDF application with more details is attached.
Participants must cover their own airfare, accommodations, travel expenses, and a $200 tuition (which covers breakfast, lunch, and snacks each day; CLE application fees; and materials).
APPLICATION AND DEADLINE
• Applications are to be submitted via email using the attached fillable PDF sent to Lauren Dollar at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• The deadline for application submission is January 14th, 2015, 11:59 PM EST. Late applications will not be considered.
• Years and scope of experience in defense practice
• Years and scope of experience in juvenile defense practice
• Current juvenile caseload
• Geographic location
• Public defenders and private practitioners
CALENDAR OF ACTIONS
Application Deadline → January 14th, 2015, 11:59 PM EST
Application Selections Announced → February 18, 2015
Deadline for Registration of selected participants → April 1, 2015
Arrival of Attendees → June 14, 2015, Georgetown Law, Washington, DC
Must be a front-line defender to apply.